Bisbee Arizona


I have been wanting to go to Bisbee for quite some time. It is the setting for the J.A. Jance Johanna Brady detective stories that I have read in their entirety. Aside from that, descriptions of the town have always held some allure for me. So I was thrilled to finally get the opportunity to check it out. Strangely, it did not match the images in my head; I had in mind a much flatter place.

Built because of the success of the Copper Queen mine, Bisbee was a thriving community in the nineteenth century, and once was the largest city between St. Louis and San Franscisco. The buildings that compose old Bisbee were rebuilt after the fire that ripped through the city around the turn of the century. The narrow downtown streets and buildings are intriguing to wind through. There was plenty to discover and not enough time to do it.

I will be going back some time. I will get a chance to stay at one of the old hotels downtown, walk around some more and maybe participate in the bird watching that is supposed to be legendary around the city.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home