Sweet Treat
Ok... the darn sweets are just sitting on my desk so I had to deal with at least one more of them. This time, the call to be eaten came from the nutty smelling one in the plain white wrapper with black lettering. I broke open the package and prepared to cut a small piece to have with my afternoon tea. The candy already comes in five evenly cut pieces. I think that you can tell from the shot that it is quite grainy and dark in color. The nut smell comes from the roasted black sesame seeds from which it is made. It is quite crumbly,and sticks to the roof of your mouth, just like peanut butter. It, much like the last candy, is not very sweet. If I didn't know any better, I might be tempted to make a generalization about Chinese "sweets"- but I will hold off until I have tried at least five more candies!
I had this one with the Keemun tea. The Jasmine would also have been a palatable choice. Probably won't walk five miles on my knees for this one, but once again, if it is offered to me, I will eat it.
Labels: food
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home