Monday, February 04, 2008

Not the Tea of the Month- but a Drink Nonetheless


In a constant desire to keep warm, I've taken to drinking lots of warm beverages. I start my day with a yummy cup of chocolate Ovaltine. Then I usually switch to drinking tea- right now I have the two choices that I have written about. I alternate days so that I don't tire of them, and so I get through the leaves so I can buy more. By late afternoon, I'm usually tired of the tea, and since I am quite sensitive to caffeine, I had to find something else.

In one of my meanderings through the grocery stores, I happen to notice a jar with the label Honey Citrus tea. One of my In-SHUCK-ch colleagues, incidentally my colleague in tea drinking too, had spent two years in Korea and was quite a fan of this drink. She had found some in Vancouver, and brought it to work for me to taste. Well it contains citrus, so I was instantly sold. After spotting it on the shelf, I sent her a quick email asking for confirmation, and for instructions on how to make it. Her quick reply made it easy for me to purchase it, bring it home and start drinking it.

It's tart from the rinds of the citrus fruit (not sure which one- can't read Korean) and sweet from the honey. How sweet depends on how much you put it. It's warm and tangy and sweet, and the best part is that there are usually bits of candied peel at the bottom of the cup for me to eat, when I am done visualising the heated beverage working its way through all of my veins, arteries and capillaries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home