Shanghai Snowmen
Well...the weather looks like it might be improving in the next few days. I thought it might be best, if I quickly stepped out and took a few photos of the snowmen that were made during last week's sticky snowfall. I'm quite impressed by the variety of snowmen that were created. One or two followed the standard three balls, with sticks for arms, but then there were these other creatures. People actually took the time to sculpt the snow. At first I was really impressed that Shanghai citizens who see snow in that kind of volume only every 40 years, would know what to do with it. Then someone reminded me that this city is filled with people who have originally come from elsewhere, somewhere that very likely gets snow more often.
The three ball version with the hat and ears was made by our legion of security guys and doormen. The small one was around the corner at the pizza delivery place- he looks a bit like an inukshuk with a carrot in his hand (I'm not sure what that is all about). The fantastic one that looks like a person with a cat on his/her shoulder is/was down the street on the way to the grocery stores. Pretty impressive I think.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home