Capital City Critters

It has nearly twenty years since I was last in Ottawa. Although I am sure that to the locals, many small things have changed in that time period, to me it looked more or less the way I remembered it.


Since I already have lots of pictures of the Parliament buildings, I thought that I would show you what I found crawling on the surface of the building and hiding in corners of towers and walls. We always look at the overall structure and seldom look closer to see what lurks there. In this case there must have been a number of craftsmen with sneaky senses of humor; the place was teeming with carved animals and faces both inside and out.


Quite a contrast to the seriousness of the business of governing the country. On the other hand, it seems very Canadian.
1 Comments:
Great gargoyles. They're teeming with expression!
Post a Comment
<< Home