Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday Night Citrus


Given that we don't know how long we will be here, there is no real need to stock a liquor cabinet ( I use this term loosely- it's really one bottle in the freezer). Therefore I needed to find the one drink that I could tolerate for the next few months. Thanks to my friend Vanessa, I have switched from G&T to this drink ( the G was giving me all kinds of bad dreams if I drank it after 5:00 p.m.). Given the recent self realization about my love for all things citrus, it has suddenly become clear why I like this drink. Ok- so this might be a stretch, but it's another "I Love Citrus" post.

This is a vodka soda, with ice and an orange twist. The vodka is Absolut Mandarin (purchased for 108 RMB- roughly $15.00). It is the perfect drink while I am here, for two reasons: for my love of things citrus and for it's name. I may rename it Chinese Soda.

It's a little early to post this today- this is a photo of last Friday's drink- but I am off to the beach for the next four days, and won't be posting anything for a little while. Take heart however, the next posts will likely be about something other than food!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home