Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Prescott Arizona

This past week I had some lovely company from Montreal and Summerland. They entertained themselves by going around the states of Arizona and New Mexico while I was away in Vancouver. When I returned, we took all took a small day trip to Prescott. Only about an hour and a half away from Phoenix, Prescott was a pleasant surprise. It has probably has the longest non aboriginal history in the state and was once the seat of of government. There is a fabulous museum in the center of town- complete with replicas of various famous buildings of the area. It still has a "vintage" downtown- not like Phoenix- with a number of interesting and inviting saloons (worth another trip there to be sure- maybe even during the famous rodeo in June). We finished our day off with asmall side trip and dinner in Wickenberg, another "historic western town."



This sculpture- titled Corn Woman- graces the entrance to the Sharlet Hall Museum in Prescott.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home