Food, Glorious Food
Ate very well, of course.... had some really fresh tempura, some ramen (tasted some with Yuba - (the specialty of Nikko- when they process soy beans into tofu it makes a skin- they roll this up and cut it ino slices, and sometimes serve it on the ramen), eel (even for breakfast once), some oden (beer food).
We also had the freshest sushi I have ever had. We went to the Tsukiji fish market and found one of the many shops there. Sat down in a place with no menu and seats around the counter. I had a chirashi and the others had a sushi platter. The fish travelled only from across the street- so you can imagine how fresh it was.

For snacks, we ate lots of rice crackers, and drank lots of coffee from the vending machines and the coffee shops. Some of us even ate donuts. From all reports, they were good. I bought a roasted sweet potato from a street vendor- and ate it while walking in Ueno park. Delicious and reminiscent of the vendor that used to walk in the street in the "inaka" that I lived in almost twenty years ago.

We even had ice cream... On one of the streets near our ryokan in the Asakusa district, there was a gelato place. We could not resist it. I had a green tea gelato, and others had a sweet potato, or pumpkin (kabocha), and peach. Totally scrumptious.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home