Tokyo Whimsies
Here's a few photos of curious/humorous/interesting things that we saw while in Tokyo. Normally, when I travel and report back, this is the post that contains all of the graffiti. Since there wasn't any, I took some shots of these:

This one was taken on one of our many Tokyo subway system ride. It is an advertisement for Boss coffee which features Tommy Lee Jones. Japan has a love affair with older/aging American actors and frequently uses them for ads. This is what made the whisky ad scenes in Lost in Translation so funny. Photo courtesy of JCS.

Ever possibly the most curteous people on earth, the Japanse have plastered their city sidewalks with this reminder not to walk in crowds with lit cigarettes. We could use that sign in Shanghai, but it would probably be eroded by the spit.

This is a poster I found on the wall in the narrow streets of the electronics district. I comic like drawing of the tears to be very funny on the grown man (I'm not sure that you can see them- perhaps you can enlarge it??)
Labels: travel
2 Comments:
Great signs. The Tommy Lee Jones one is particularly funny. I really couldn't get into the last Coen Brotehrs film because Tommy Lee Jones is always Tommy Lee Jones, world weary cop, whether he's chasing Harrison Ford or Ashley Judd.
he makes me look like a toothpick. Sly
Post a Comment
<< Home