Again, not the Tea of the Month, but a Drink Nonetheless
Found this product at the Tesco on sale during a time period where the cold was driving me urgently to think of warm thoughts and drink even warmer beverages. I have never seen or heard of this type of drink, but it sounded like a tame adventure of the culinary kind- with little risk monetarily or otherwise. At the very least, I thought that I might be able to use the tin, if the contents were too vile to drink. I was also attracted by the nutritional values chart which state that this drink is very high in calcium. Ok... and I was amused by the reference to "mid-old age" on the tin, yet I crossed my fingers that the rest of the characters, which I can't read, had nothing to do with the ability of this drink to help those who are aging, with a common complaint. I'm just too well brought up to mention it directly here, but it has to do with cleaning out the drains- so to speak.
So, one morning, a few days after the purchase (can't rush things too much), I replaced my morning Ovaltine with a cup of this walnut stuff. After my first sip, I added a smidge of sugar and pronounced it (to an empty room , and now to you) to be delicious. It really has the most wonderful smell when you open the package, and when you add the fine powder to the hot water. It smells of roasted nuts and tastes really creamy.
Proclaimed a succesful adventure, with no side effects!
Labels: drink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home